Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Play Date Cafe PDCC#117

I have joined in on the colour fun at The Play Date Cafe this week (#117) with this beautiful soft colour scheme.


I am going to a 21st birthday party soon, and there is a bit of a vintage theme happening, so I thought I'd make a card that kind of fits in with the theme.

**Edited to add: This was chosen as a Fab 4

I crocheted this rose and leaves to be the main feature of the card - but kept it fairly simple otherwise.


Thanks so much for visiting!

Fiona
xx

Products used:


Basic Grey Cappella 'pageantry' paper
Kaisercraft Timeless Collection 'newsprint' paper
DMC #20 crochet thread
Trim
Kaisercraft pearls
Distress Inks - antique linen, tattered rose, frayed burlap
Skipping Stones Design stamps (greeting)
Sewing machine/thread

11 comments:

shirley said...

Beautiful soft colours.Love your vintage card and your crochet flowers are always gorgeous :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, Fee! It's so wonderful to have you visiting us again! And your creation is absolutely GORGEOUS! I just adore your work, and adding bits of your crochet work just takes this one over the top! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Aleksandra said...

Beautiful card and I love the crochet flower... it is soooo stunning!!! Gorgeous!

Have a blessed day!
Aleksandra

Ruby said...

Oh Fee, that flower is just STUNNING as is your card!!!! Not sure if you saw my creative goals for this year, but crochet is on the list!! Hope life is treating you well my dear :) x

Jaclyn Miller said...

I LOVE your crocheting! This is truly beautiful. So glad to see you visiting us this week. :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fee! It's soooo good to see you. I sure do miss getting around to friends' blogs. :(

This creation is nothing short of amazing, and took my breath away. I have always admired your crochet/knitting skills!

Thanks for playing with us at The Cafe!

Ohneilly said...

Beautiful card, love the crocheted flower, I cheated and bought mine! It's on my to-do list of things to try,
Claire x

Julie Ranae said...

Oh Fee..this is simply beautiful and a great reminder that I STILL need to order your flowers. So glad you were able to play with us this week....you're greatly missed!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I just love this Fee--I love love love your creations! I esp. love when you put your crocheted pieces on them! That rose is GORGEOUS! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Beautiful vintage feel to this card--I'm sure the birthday girl will LOVE it!

BEAUTIFUL card, Fee! Miss ya! Hugs to you:) THANKS for playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Basement Stamper said...

I'm in love, this card is gorgeous and I love the crocheted flower!

maria f. said...

Exquisite!